FEBCambodia is a Christian radio ministry co-operating with partners to broadcast the Gospel of Jesus Christ through high-quality, culturally relevant programs which address the audience’s spiritual, emotional, social and practical needs and generate personal follow-up with listeners.
Running a (live) radio (program) station requires a lot of planning and a lot of organization, which requires a good management system. Existing radio station management software is expensive and was not tailored to what FEBCambodia required as a non-profit radio station. Web Essentials and FEBCambodia are working together on a solution to cover all aspects of the radio station workflow.
In the first phase, Web Essentials built a tracking tool where radio program moderators can record incoming inquiries, questions and comments. They can assign these records to a new or existing caller and to the program that is airing. With those data, FEBCambodia can generate reports to hand out to their stakeholders.
What We Did Technically
- Just-In-Time status that displays the information of the person calling in to the program (with WebSocket).
- Complex data of caller / radio programs and schedules, as well as call log reports, able to be exported to Excel.
- Territories import from Cambodia database files.
- Role management for Administrator, Program Host and Screener.
- The application is built on Flow CMS, one of the most advanced PHP frameworks from the TYPO3 family.