Web Application for Event Management
EYE Communications AG was looking for a partner to develop their prominent project, an event management system for Swisscom AG, which is a major telecommunications company in Switzerland.
This event management system must be highly flexible to assist the Swisscom event management team plan and manage their events whether for small workshops or large conferences.
What We Did Technically
- Web Essentials Development Team and Product Owner worked closely with the Project Manager of EYE Communications for the technical specifications.
- The system was developed on Flow Framework and consists of technologies such as a document-based database (CouchDB) and a dynamic form generator.
- The Web Essentials Infrastructure Team worked on the automate deployment and virtualization of the project‘s environment
- The system features a registration form builder allowing event administrators to customize event registration forms.
- Over time the system will be able to provide a level of intelligence based on historical data and users‘ interests.
« Web Essentials has proven to be fit, not only technically but also conceptually. Their flexibility allows us to increase capacity to move on quicker in the project. »
- As our direct client, EYE Communications benefited from our expertise in TYPO3 Flow and Agile project management, which provides continuous delivery and the opportunity for feedback at an early stage.
- This was critical because Swisscom AG needed an early release of the product, with many requirements for later versions.
- Furthermore, through our network in the TYPO3 community, we were able to consult with Neos/Flow core developers which made the solution cutting edge.